Company History

A History of Growth and Innovation

A manufacturer of advanced vertical conveying systems for over 50 years, Nerak Wiese Ltd began as McInnes Wiese, a company formed in Verwood, Dorset, in 1969. The original product range consisted of grid-belts, used for the cooling of extruded rubber, and bucket elevators for the spill-free transport of bulk solids; both products used rubber chains as the principal load-carrying component. Through continued investment and innovation, the product portfolio grew over the years and today includes box lifters, pallet lifts, dolly lifts and orbitors.

Nerak in the UK

The company was reformed in 1992 under the name Nerak Wiese Ltd, relocating from Dorset to Brecon in Wales. The company is 30% owned by Nerak Fördertechnik GmbH in Germany, with the remaining 70% of shareholders being UK based. Nerak Wiese acquired Precise Engineering (Bristol) Ltd in 1993 in order to meet the increasing requirements for the machining of high-precision components, and manufacturing capability was further enhanced through the addition of water jet-cutting and powder-coating facilities.

Nerak Wiese Ltd has undertaken projects for many major blue-chip companies such as Mondelez, Pringles, Proctor and Gamble, Kellogg’s and United Biscuits. Today the company employs some 30 people and is focused on further developing its UK customer base, currently working on projects for Unilever, The Royal Mint, John Lewis, JD Sports and GlaxoSmithKline.

Nerak’s Global Presence

Since the late 1960s Nerak has developed as a global brand, with subsidiaries or representatives in many countries across Europe, as well as in Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Korea, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE and USA. Nerak’s manufacturing is based in Hambühren, Germany, and Brecon, UK, with additional assembly facilities located in the USA and China.

Find Out More

+44 (0)1874 612900 Phone Hours: 8.00am til 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00 to 3.30pm on Friday

Contact Us